Dukes Wood – PEDL118
The currently de-commissioned historic Dukes Wood oilfield, also located within the East Midlands Province was discovered in 1939 by the D’Arcy Company (now BP). Dukes Wood played a very important part supporting the war effort during WWII and produced throughout this period. The oilfield was abandoned in 1966 having produced approximately 6.5 million barrels of oil from a mapped 25.6 million barrels of oil in place.
The current operator drilled the Dukes Wood-1 well in 2010 and encountered three reservoir zones, the Ashover Grit, Crawshaw sandstone and the Loxley Edge Rock, all of which were flow tested.
Studies are ongoing over areas to identify reservoir zones containing previously undrained oil resources.
THE INTERESTS HELD IN PEDL118 FOLLOWING THIS TRANSACTION ARE AS FOLLOW: